Thursday, September 10, 2009

When You See A Stranger In The Mirror

July 2009













Today September 10 2009















August 2007















This Summer I went home to Idaho to visit family and friends and when I saw the picture of me hugging my Son Skyler I was shocked that couldn't be me!!!

I was depressed and told my hubby I wanted to start eating healthier and lose weight he also needed to lose 40 pounds so we decided to do it together.

Tom has lost 16 pounds I think I have lost between 7 and 10 pounds.

I know as women we tend to be critical of ourselves which leads to more comfort eating instead of changing our diets I'm guilty of this and the weight doesn't just drop off.
Since we started eating healthier my husband has at times thought that I'm mad at him or in a bad mood but I'm just hungry and tired and I want fries and a burger.lol
I have stocked the house with healthy foods since July 28th and I'm noticing a gradual change in my appearance.

Two years ago I had lost alot of weight and loved how I looked and it showed in photos the big smile the look of confidence.

I want to blame it on menopause I want to blame it on hormone replacement but the truth is I got lazy I went for the quick fix meals and fillers.
I didn't want anyone to see me like this as you can see from the picture taken today second photo down from the top I still feel uncomfortable in my own body.
I know it takes time but dont we all want faster results.
I'm going to take you all my blogging friends with me on this journey so grab a carrot stick and lets do this thing.

I have goals here they are:

1.Lower my cholesterol

2. Lose 20 pounds

3.Like having my picture taken

4.To be able to wear jeans again without the elastic waist band

5.Like who I see in the mirror

6.Gain my confidence back

7.Keep the weight off!!!

14 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

Good work, Darcy! Sounds like you got revved up about this around the same time I did. That's why I started ahead of the readers at 30 Day Throw Down. I wanted to be sure it was doable and it IS!

Congrats. Keep up the good work. Yes, we CAN do this.

Anita said...

Awesome! I know it's hard, I've been there & know what it feels like not to be comfortable in your own body... keep up the good job! :)

kathy b said...

Darcy.. You are so beautiful. IM all for lowering the cholesterol levels, though.

sara said...

Good for you! It is very hard to change eating habits, but it is the best way to keep the weight off. I started my "health kick" last October and I've lost 32 pounds! Good luck!

Knitting Linguist said...

Hooray for you! You're gorgeous, and you will feel more gorgeous as you feel healthier and happier :) It's hard work though -- I'm on the same journey, so thanks for sharing with us :)

Turtle said...

good goals darcy, and i'm right there with you! I have roller coasted so much since daughter was born....ah, 17 years ago! It is so hard. my problem is not the food it is the exercise. I have to be serious at least 5 days a week or i will not see results, that is just how my body works. (sadly, lol) As they say though "we are always our own worst critic)

Unknown said...

Sounds great Darcy! I am in the same boat...really just had a fun summer which included lots of food and drink. I am now following the Eat Clean Diet, which I have done in the past and really liked! Keep up the good work!

cici said...

Impressive list. I need to get serious and make myself a list. I think you beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us. I know I needed to hear it. Thanks♥

Sandra Singh said...

Darcy you look fabulous and more important you are fabulous! Keep up the excellent work, diet and exercise are essential no matter what the scale says and you're doing really well and taking your health seriously. You're an inspiration to us all.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

You all are so sweet thankyou so much for your encouragement it means alot me.(((((Hugging You All)))) Darcy

Anonymous said...

Darcy, I agree and couldn't have said it better, I think I could repeat your same story!

Knitnut,Karen said...

Way to go Darcy! Even though I think you look lovely in the photo,I understand how you feel. I've lost two pants sizes since May. Don't own a scale, so can only go by the clothes I wear.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your quest! It isn't easy, but it sounds like you have a great support system!

Felicia said...

I too could have written the exact same post. My weight gain coincided with a change to a less physically demanding job and the onset of menopause. Add the two together, and you get a closet full of clothes that don't fit. So I'm paddling the same boat. Good going!