Sunday, August 2, 2009

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Polka Dot Sockini!!

Dolores And I Are Holding The Wee Socks We Knit Each Other
Wee Tiny Sock Swap Package I Received From Dolores For The July Swap
We Tiny Sock Swap Package Dolores received From Me For The July Swap

Close up Pictures Of The Sockini I Knit From My july Sock Club Kit For Dolores


When I started knitting wee socks they all seemed to be pretty generic.
I joined the Wee Tiny Sock Swap Group on ravelry and I was looking at everyones projects and noticed some people had written the patterns for these amazing wee socks they knit but they weren’t on ravelry.
I then saw that there was a Wee Elf Sock kal and the pattern was available so I knit it and got to know Meg I told her that I thought she should write more patterns as she has knit some amazing wee socks for swaps.
Meg asked me if I thought she should start a club with kits and I was so excitted.

The new quarter sign ups start August 15 2009 you can purchase your spot in the club on that day at Brave Little Knitter her etsy shop the kits have patterns in them for original designs you can only get from Meg and there is fun gifts and themes with every months kit.
There will most likely be only 20 openings so grab one they go fast.
I wanted to be able to knit really cute wee socks for the wee tiny sock swaps I’m in and learn new techniques and now I'm able to and also I'm one of her test knitters for the patterns and it is so much fun:)
Yesterday I got together with my July wee tiny sock swap pal which was ladybuglola who is also my best friend in real life.
Dolores sent me in my package one of the June kit wedding socks she knit and I gave her my July Sockini that I knit.
Check out Megs group on ravelry
Look now I’m knitting amazing wee socks.Thankyou Meg

8 comments:

Meg said...

Oh Darcy, thank yo so much. You are the sweetest person and without your encouragement I don't think I ever would have had the courage to start "Brave Little Knitter" and the Wee Tiny Sock Club. Thank you for everything you do. I am so glad that you and Lola are enjoying the kits and have renewed for the Fall. Hugs, Meg

Knitnut,Karen said...

The socks are very cute and very nice swap items. I think their a little to small for my eyes and clumsy fingers. But I do admire them!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Thankyou Meg I look forward to my monthly club kits it is so fun to see what wee sock you will design next:)Hugs Darcy

SissySees said...

Cute, cute! I like to knit a wee sock every once in a while...

Robynn's Ravings said...

You gals sure look like you have a lot of fun. :)

Alaina said...

Love the little socks - I have never tried one...I might have to get brave and attempt one - sometime soon :)

Bubblesknits said...

Neat group!

tammy said...

Nice wee socks and package!