Sunday, August 5, 2007

One Of A Kind Yarn;)


Iam recuperating and today was a very painfilled day plus hot and cold chills.My friend Ann invited my 16 yr old Daughter Mercedes over to give her a lesson on her spinning wheel she made some yarn and gave it to me she said she wanted me to have it.This is a really sweet thing she isnt one to make things for people. She likes doing things with you and when she was little she would make me pictures or as she got older pottery 2 things I lovingly keep in my china hutch including a sand dollar that is perfect that she found on a beach years ago and said mom I want you to have it.So Iam choked up with emotion over this and it made me think of the pictures we did just her and me we had taken at walmart the weekend before I went to the hospitol I was in alot of pain but really wanted mother Daughter pictures and she wanted to do one where she kissed me on the cheek and she insisted we get a 5x7 of it for her.There were so many that turned out great we only had to iliminate 2 which surprised me that I could look peaceful when I was uncomfortable in my own skin that day so between the wonderful pictures and the yarn she spun for me Iam so deeply moved.I Love You My biggest Girl ((Hugs Mercedes)))Love Mom

4 comments:

Alice said...

That is really neat! I am so happy that, despite your physical condition, her staying with you turned out so wonderful. She must be very sweet, hugs to your both!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Iam going to put the yarn in my china hutch next to the other special things she has made me;)

Unknown said...

Hey Darcy, thanks for all the comments on my blog.
I've been checking yours out and how cool it is that your daughter spun some yarn for you. I have 2 girls and they never have shown any interest in my yarns except to ask for me to make them something.
You are a lucky Mom.!!
Hugs Patt

jo said...

what are you going to make out of that yarn?

i'll bet you could make matching mom and daughter wrist cuffs or head bands...